[Sca-cooks] Round one - Plum Butter

Vitaliano Vincenzi vitaliano at shanelambert.com
Wed Sep 19 07:55:02 PDT 2007

Thank you, quite to the point. I am new to this so you will need to
excuse my stupid questions - I guess for me it's a good way to learn.
The recipe sounds great and I would love to try it, but as my Lady
does not eat plums, wouldn't want to end up with a lot of stuff I
would have to eat. Do you know yet what the yield is for this?

On 9/19/07, ranvaig at columbus.rr.com <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> >Pardon my naivety, but if the translation calls them "sour cherries",
> >why are you using plums? I don't get the connection - which is
> >probably my inexperience with period recipes as of yet, but can you
> >explain the connection? Thank you.
> >
> > > Pflaumen Confect - Plum butter
>
> Well, the translation is my own.  But the recipe TITLE is Plum confect.  Why would Rumpolt make plum butter with cherries?  Perhaps they were more available to him.  But I'm assuming that a recipe called Plum was, at least sometimes, made with plums.
>
> And plums are 99 cents pound, while cherries are 3.99.
>
> Ranvaig

Yours in service,
Lord Vitaliano Vincenzi
"An aspiring cook in need of guidance"