[Sca-cooks] The purpose of SCA-Cooks from Isabella de la Gryffin and a Culinary Question

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 19 16:55:14 PDT 2007

>  SO, that being said, Here's a culinary question I've been pondering:
> Could anyone recommend some good sources for period confectionary? I'm
> willing to start with marzipan, but I'd like to move past that. And, is cane
> sugar period?

*giggle* Cane sugar is pretty much the only processed sugar period for
Europe. :)

Me, I'd suggest _Banquetting Stuffe_ even though a good deal of it is
post-period, just to revel in.

Moving past marzipan, your next option is sugar plate. Marzipan and
sugar plate-- the two major confectionary forms of our period. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net