[Sca-cooks] 15th C. Ottoman Bulghur w/Chestnuts

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 06:48:23 PDT 2007

HMN ... I feed Bulghur to the children for breakfast.  I usually cook it by mixing it with milk and butter and microwaving it just until the milk bubbles a little.  Not sure if that qualifies as soaking it in hot liquid or boiling it since it never really boils.

as a side note,

They have been served a variety of hot cooked grains since they were little.  This was well before the report came out that indicated children do better in school if they eat a hot breakfast.  My young ones never got the idea that hot grains was ... icky ... until they started school.

For whatever reason, modern children rarely get hot grains for breakfast other than the instant oat variety.

Cheers

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.