[Sca-cooks] Purpose of the List

Anne Murphy afmmurphy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 08:08:14 PDT 2007

I see both sides of this.

On the one hand, the last couple of years  I haven't really had time
for this list. My online time was concentrated on a few other things,
and I could barely follow my quiet lists, let alone this one! I've had
it going into a gmail folder, so if I ever need the info I can still
get it, but I have rarely read and almost never posted.

On the other hand, it's nice to come back and feel I'm just rejoining
a group I already know.

When I started, 6 years ago, I was new to the SCA, and I found this
list tremendously helpful.I learned a lot about the Society as a
whole, I had a place where I could ask questions, and I met people
here whom I have since met in person and become friendly with.

Several aspects of my life are becoming a bit more regular and
predictable. I've been cooking a bit more than I had been, I'm doing
more interesting cooking, and, for several reasons, I'm at a point
where I want to learn more and do more. I'll still be a pretty erratic
poster, but I should turn up at least sometimes! And I will certainly
be just skimming some of the discussions... but that's OK.

AEllin