[Sca-cooks] Bamboo cutting board

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 24 04:02:05 PDT 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 12:36 AM, Heleen Greenwald wrote:

> I just got a bamboo cutting board. I was reading the tag and it
> claims to be dishwasher safe. Does anyone have any information on
> this? How can bamboo go through the dishwasher cycle and not get
> totally wrecked?  You wouldn't put a wooden cutting board through the
> dishwasher...... I know that  bamboo is really a grass, but.....

A quick Google search for 'care bamboo cutting board' turns up this:

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/cuboca.html

...which seems pretty similar to the basic instructions for using any
other wooden board, which in turn suggests that the dishwasher might
not be the best thing for your bamboo board.

I like the heavy rubber ones, myself.

Adamantius