[Sca-cooks] Texans

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 21:22:16 PDT 2007

>  a proudly self- > proclaimed Texan in a Western-cut suit and cowboy hat (this was the > 80's) cry. Not just tear up -- cry.
The funny thing is that most Texans I know don't wear cowboy hats and Western cut suits. I guess it would be like our vision of the typical New Yawkah.

There are more of that type out in West Texas not much in Central and Eastern.
> I resisted the temptation to say, "I'll have what he's having..."
Another interesting thing is that I have tried even some folks' "nuclear" chili and it wasn't too bad. Most chili in the state tends to lean far closer to flavor than heat.  And then there are the types that make chili just as hot as they can for no other reason than to make it hot.

The hottest dishes I have had were either the Thai "Spicy Steak". I finished it but it hurt and was wonderful. Or the Santa Fe enchiladas eaten in a 200 year old restaurant in New Mexico. Also wonderful and painful.
> Adamantius
Gunthar