[Sca-cooks] Texans

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 30 21:51:59 PDT 2007

> I like that nine-volt-battery-on-the tongue effect a good chili can
> have. But yes, it's nothing if it has no real flavor, and I always
> get sick when I see those fake hot sauces with artificially boosted
> heat levels not represented by actual chili content... I'm always
> thinking to myself, "Yeah, and I bet you think your knives are sharp,
> too!" ;-)
>
> Adamantius

The finest salsa I ever tasted was made by a Hispanic lady for the Main
Street Cafe in Silver City, NM.  It was a perfect blend of peppers, tomatoes
and other spices.  You could feel the heat, but still taste your food.  I've
never been able to find out how she did it, but I think it was her method of
cleaning the peppers.

Bear