[Sca-cooks] I ricettari di Federico II was new medieval cookbook

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Sep 1 16:24:04 PDT 2007

Here is part of the rundown on I ricettari di Federico II!
The review in PPC 81 from 2006 notes:
An important edition of the Liber de coquina in all its guises
from a core of southern Italian recipes to various regional overlays and
reworkings.
A long introduction discusses the state of Scilian cookery in the reign of
the Hohenstaufen Emperor Frederick II and the several manuscripts are
serially
collated so that the reader xan compare and contrast."

OldCook.com gives a fairly good summary of the thesis that the
book is presenting. http://www.oldcook.com/liber_de_coquina.htm
Google will translate if need be.

Johnnae