[Sca-cooks] seal a meal questions

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 4 07:23:16 PDT 2007

Yes, you can try regular bags in a Seal a Meal. They're not as sturdy
as the ones they sell for the machines, but they're certainly sturdy
enough for you to test your machine with ;-)

Look yours over- make sure that the sealing lip is clean and free of
debris, and test it. If it works fine on a regular plastic bag, then
go ahead and buy some of the bags designed for your type of machine.

I had one that I had used for years- loved it, but, like you said, put
it up when I couldn't find bags for it, and it got vanished in one of
my moves. I do remember reading the instructions, though, and them
mentioning that it could be used on regular bags, although they
weren't as sturdy as the bags for the machine.