[Sca-cooks] OT - Gumbo file powder

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 12:03:19 PDT 2007

>From "All About File Powder" at http://www.apinchof.com/filepow1103.htm

Filé powder, sometimes called gumbo filé, (say fee-lay) will thicken a gumbo
and add a distinctive kick of flavor. It is a simple ingredient made from
ground sassafras leaves. That's all, nothing more.

Lady Anne du Bosc Known as Mordonna The Cook

Mka Pat Griffin

Thorngill, Meridies

mka Montgomery, AL