[Sca-cooks] Fava bean recipes

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Sep 10 16:09:52 PDT 2007

Gretchen Beck wrote:

>--On Monday, September 10, 2007 1:18 PM -0400 "Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne
>Heise" <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
>

>>>Admittedly I have not been to that many feasts, but I've been to a few
>>>major and minor events over the years. Is it because favas are harder
>>>to get than other beans, and there is a general unawareness of them?
>>>

>I think a lot of folks don't use favas because they aren't familiar, but
>also because they are afraid of the allergy issue: [Favism]

I'd never heard of that one, actually-- of course, people of
mediterranean origin are a bit thin on the ground here.

In general, while I'm willing to make adjustments around known allergy
issues, I can't imagine not serving something because someone might
_potentially_ be allergic.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,