[Sca-cooks] Mustard

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:13:56 PDT 2007

>I frequently make the le menagier mustard as well...its dang tasty! and I
>dont add much sugar at
>all, so its more a gentle spicing.

Several of the tasters liked that the first thing you got when
trying it was vinegar and then the heat of the mustard and
afterwards there was this glow of the spices.

>red wine vinegar
>poudre forte
>sugar
>mix of yellow and black mustard seeds

You know, I didn't even think of poudre fort!

>let vinegar and seeds soak overnight (or longer). yo may need to
>top off the vinegar, keeping seeds submerged but not floating

I just kept mine moistened with the vinegar.

>whiz in your cuisinart, add spices

>I hot pack can mine and give it as gifts :) but be sure to keep some out
>for yourself. it keeps forever on the shelf (if canned properly) or in the
>fridge (if opened)

I just left mine in a crock and sealed with Cling & Seal and had
no problems with it going bad.

>--AM

Gunthar