[Sca-cooks] Age in the Middle Ages (was Re: Hildegard's dips?)

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:34:06 PDT 2007

Truly. And I picked Urban and William because they were not killed in
the battlefield, the most usual death for the people who were not
peasants.
Ana

On 9/14/07, Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
> Remove childbirth, of course, and the dangers associated with it, and
> nuns might well
> have stood a better chance of living a long life in the medieval period.
>
> Johnnae
>
> Ana Valdés wrote:
> > Sorry I was a bit sloppy in my redaction! 40 years was possible not
> > old, but Hildegarde was definitely old for her time's life
> > expectations! She outlived four popes and three emperors, 81 years was
> > definitely old in the 1100!
> > See the ages of some of her contemporaneans, William the Conqueror,
> > 1028-1087, Pope Urban the II, 1040-1099.
> > Ana

http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se

Skarpnäcks Allé 45 ll tr
12833 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci