[Sca-cooks] 100 pounds of rice

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 14:09:18 PDT 2007

>If you ever find yourself with 100 pounds of rice I can let you know
>what you can make with it...
>
>hehe..Olwen >>>
>
>Run. Ranviag, run. See Ranviag run. :-)

See Ranvaig run to off play with food with Olwen.

On a serious note, this is the first hot course, just after the salads.   I'll scale down how much rice I cook, but not much.  When I did the test cook, 5 people polished off the 1 lb batch of rice, and wanted more. My husband didn't even get a taste.  But there wasn't a whole feast to eat too.

8 lbs of each almonds and rice would be about 56 c or 3.5 gal of cooked rice.  Does that sound right?

Thanks for the help.
Ranvaig