[Sca-cooks] recipe write-up

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:13:58 PDT 2007

It looks really great.  It also sounds a lot like the Reddish Mustard from
Platina that I've done several times...the sweet spices, raisins and the use
of verjuice and/or must.  The first time I made it, I didn't have either, so
substituted white wine mixed with a little white wine vinegar and, IIRC,
some red wine for the must.  The last couple of times, I've been able to
acquire both.  I found that if I served the mustard immediately, as the
recipe actually suggests, it is VERY sharp...almost unpleasant.  But if I
put it in a crock and allow it to age, it takes on a really wonderful,
smooth flavor.

Kiri