[Sca-cooks] The purpose of SCA-Cooks from Isabella de la Gryffin and a Culinary Question

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Wed Sep 19 16:45:49 PDT 2007

Gunthar:
Thanks for the clarification on this one; apologies for my way off topic
somewhat rambling post- I can only plead fatigue (two kids) and a topic dear
to my heart. (I'm not even on the cooks list myself!) I suspect every list
administrator has to do this sort of thing now and then, us being the
electronic chatterboxes we are! (;-)
 SO, that being said, Here's a culinary question I've been pondering:
Could anyone recommend some good sources for period confectionary? I'm
willing to start with marzipan, but I'd like to move past that. And, is cane
sugar period? I finally found some of the Badia cone sugar in our Publix in
town, based on the fact that you can also find this stuff in Jas Townsend I
suspect it's pretty close to what may have been used in our period.
Any suggestions, comments, etc would be _most _  welcome-y'all were a great
deal of help with a question I had on vanilla a while back. Thanks ever so
much!
In Service,
Lady Isabella de la Gryffin
Elizabeth Phelps
TallyGeoStat at gmail dot com

"Take big bites out of life. Moderation is for monks." -Robert A. Heinlein