[Sca-cooks] Fw: Square watermelons OT OP

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 21 08:09:06 PDT 2007

We talked about this on MK Cooks a few months back.
This is what I found and posted then:
I've seen these molds being sold for pumpkins being grown with faces.
That led to a search on these sorts of oddities.
Someone suggested that they can be done with gallon plastic milk jugs.
There was a study going on at Mississippi State--
http://msucares.com/news/print/agnews/an03/030616.html

Ok I found it --- there is a book--
http://www.mysquarewatermelon.com/ Grow Your Own Square Watermelon.

And here's the article from the Make Magazine website
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/05/make_a_square_watermelon.html
(I live with techie people who love Make magazine.)

Johnnae