[Sca-cooks] CHILI COOK-OFF- OOP

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 30 20:20:21 PDT 2007

On Sep 30, 2007, at 10:55 PM, Saint Phlip wrote:

> chili Cook-Off
>
> If you can read this whole story without laughing, then there's no
> hope for you. I was crying by the end. This is an actual account as
> relayed to paramedics at a chili cook-off in Texas .

My only direct experience with Texans and chili, apart from Frank
Tolbert's book on the subject, is when the cooks at a not-too-
authentic Szechuan restaurant on Exchange Place made a proudly self-
proclaimed Texan in a Western-cut suit and cowboy hat (this was the
80's) cry. Not just tear up -- cry.

I resisted the temptation to say, "I'll have what he's having..."

Adamantius