[Sca-cooks] lemon barley water drink

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 00:42:38 PDT 2007

Gunthar mentioned when discussing his Laurel's Prize Tourney entry:

<<< The lemon barley water was also very popular. >>>

Gunthar, so what was your documentation and recipe for this? Do you
actually have evidence for lemon being added to barley water? Or were
you just combining a period lemon and a period barley water drink?
We've discussed barley water before but this is the first I've heard
of additional flavorings.

I've got a little bit of info on barley water here, but not as much
as I'd like:
infusions-msg     (24K)  3/26/02    Period infusions. Herbal "teas".
Barley tea.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas