[Sca-cooks] Salma (Lamb and Round Noodles), was Khabisa with Pomegranate

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:20:00 PDT 2008

Just in case folks were wondering...when Dame Hauviette was on this list,
she shared her research and feast information most willingly, as have I over
the years I've been on this list.  In addition, she has continued to do so,
now that she is no longer with us.  In fact, many of the recipes I used, and
put into the file on Yahoo, came from her previous work.  However, in the
case of the Turkish recipes that she loaned me, it is not just her wish that
I not publish the recipes.  Her publisher would have a fit...and might even
be able to bring legal action, if I violated the copyright on them, even
here.  This will be a means of earning income for her, so, in this case,
sharing out the recipes would, in effect, be taking money from not only her
pocket, but that of the people who are working with her to create the
ebook.  She has said that SCA members will be given a discount on the book.

I really don't want folks to think that this is just a matter of
selfishness, which could be inferred from Urtatim's comment (I know that
can't be the way you mean it, dear lady...but it kind of came across that
way), but more a potentially legal situation.

Kiri

--
Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society. This
link<http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276>will