[Sca-cooks] Kavurma (Fricassee of Chicken), was Khabisa with Pomegranate

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 1 20:41:17 PDT 2008

Mordonna wrote:
>The translation says to add sifted flour in "a quantity sufficient so that
>the mixture has the consistency of porridge."  I would interpret this to
>mean a fairly thick batter.  One tablespoon, or one soupspoon, of flour to
>five eggs is not a thick batter.

I'll double check to see if i translated the quantity of flour wrong
(of course different cultures might have different ideas about how
thick a porridge should be).

But as i noted, it is Yerasimos's worked out recipe, and there are a
number of instances in which i don't agree with his versions. When i
cooked from some of the recipes for the Ottoman feast i did in
November, i worked out my own recipes and didn't use his.

But, hey, on the bright side, it's a recipe for batter-dipped fried
chicken, with sweet-and-sour sauce... one could serve it on the side
as a dip... And, once again, historical food isn't so weird!

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

My LibraryThing