[Sca-cooks] Favorite Dessert

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 23:55:39 PDT 2008

Cranberry Pecan Pie sounds interesting.  I guess I will have to find some room in my pecan
pie to add some cranberries.  I posted my recipe for pecan pie last November.  It is chock full
of pecans and is equally delicious made with Splenda as it is with sugar.

I also make a lemon chess pie, but I adulterate it with several cups of blueberries.  Yum!

Speaking of pies ... Maire, you owe us a recipe for Ohio Shaker Lemon Merangue Pie.  Please
don't forget again!

Huette

--- Elaine Koogler <kiridono at gmail.com> wrote:

> I almost forgot...a lady who ran a bakery here used to make one of the best
> pies I've ever eaten:  Cranberry-Pecan pie...the cranberries added just
> enough tartness to cut the super-sweetness of the pecan pie.
>
> Another that I don't get very often, and appears to be a southern thing, is
> lemon chess pie.  Imagine a pecan pie without the pecans and a strong scent
> of lemon....
>
> Kiri
>
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Kathleen A Roberts <karobert at unm.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:09:08 -0500
> >  "otsisto" <otsisto at socket.net> wrote:
> > > Have you tried a caramel nut topping on the pumpkin pie?
> >
> > i must confess to a sweet tater, pecan and bourbon pie.
> >  with caramel... hmmm.....
> >
> > cailte
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
> > sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
> > W. B. Yeats
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Kathleen Roberts
> > Coordinator of Freshman Admissions
> > University of New Mexico
> > Albuquerque, NM
> > 505-277-2447
> > FASTINFOrmation at your fingertips -
> > http://fastinfo.unm.edu/
> >

> --
> Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society. This
> link will take you to my personal page where you can learn more about this
> exciting event...and, if you like, donate to help fund the conquest of
> cancer.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/