[Sca-cooks] Scotch (was Favorite Dessert?)

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Fri Apr 4 08:39:01 PDT 2008

In a message dated 4/3/2008 10:00:57 PM Mountain Daylight Time, Maire writes:

> I'm teasing, of course, A, although I've not yet met a scotch (and I've
> tried several) that I've actually liked.  I will, on occasion, drink straight
> vodka or a good non-scotch whiskey, but that's rare.  I love to tease my
> scotch-drinking friends--local ones are forever swearing that there's bound to be a
> variety out there that I like, and I swear that they're wrong.

This will probably raise a howl from the purists, but have you tried any of
them chilled?  Not with ice in the glass, but actually chilling the whole
bottle.  I went with my husband down the "Bourbon Trail" in Kentucky and one of the
distilleries (Buffalo Trace, IIRC) does a side by side tasting of their top
bourbon at room temp and straight from the fridge.  The cold completely changes
the taste profile of the alcohol.  The trick works with Scotch, too.

Constanza   </HTML>