[Sca-cooks] OOP Frying Question

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 12 08:44:49 PDT 2008

The oil is at 375 which is as hot as the poor little thing will go...
makes me miss the commercial fryer I had at the Restaurant. (We don't
use one at the School I am at so that our little darlings don't grow up
with fried foods... )  anyways the batter was sort of thick but I guess
it could have been a little more.  And yes we are lowering the basket
into the oil before we pour in the batter.  One thing that worked sort
of was using a spoon and pouring the batter into that after submerging
the spoon into the oil.... But we shouldn't have to do that... I just
think the damn thing is to small.... Need to get me a BIGGER FRYER....
aaruh aruh aruh... (Thank You Tim Allen) LOL.  We got this thing back at
Christmas and I have been slowly playing with it... I generally avoid
fried foods.  But it has been fun for French Fries and Won Tons, Egg
Rolls, Shrimp Chips... etc... We just got up this morning and said mmm
donuts. Ended up with funnel cakes. and crumbs...

Good Breakfast though.

Nichola