[Sca-cooks] period cream puffs?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 12 13:07:07 PDT 2008

Since you didn't limit the scope of stuffed pastries, it was too good a
straight line to pass up.

As the English use "fritter" to denote a class of deep fried pastry, the
French use the term "beignet."  The terms are considered equivalent for
translation, but do not necessarily retain some of the nuances.  Choux
pastry beignets are sometimes classed as "beignet souffle" to differentiate
them from the beignets that do not puff up in frying.

Bear