[Sca-cooks] pork chips was: Okay, it's "Very Stupid Question" time...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 18 11:59:08 PDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 2:38 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

>> At first I figured it was just a basic typo until you said he
>> repeated
> it several times.
> This phrase made me wonder. Where was this amazing specteral
> performance? In England or Australia or something?

I had wondered about that myself. I can try to find that out. The
Fortean Society and their journal are based in the UK, but Charles
Fort did all his best work in the dusty stacks of the good old John
Jacob Astor branch of the New York Public Library on Fifth Avenue,
under the stony whiskers of Patience and Fortitude, some sixty years
before "Ghostbusters" was made. And, according to H. Allen Smith,
newspaper reporter, humorist and well-known alleged part-time chili
cook, a ratty apartment in the Bronx, when he wasn't going through
newspapers at the NYPL.

> Perhaps the
> "chips" phrase could be similar to the English moniker for French
> Fries as being "chips". So "Pork Chips" could be something like
> breaded pork strips.
>
> Just a thought.
>
>> Adamantius
>
> Gunthar
> (Why the hell did I get involved in this conversation?)

See, when you get a Laurel for cookery, you get to come out with
idiocy like this and it is magically transformed into the valuable
thought processes of a culinary metaphysical savant...

Apparently you have reached a higher state of consciousness. Welcome.

The tone comes from just beneath the solar plexus. Sit up straight,
breath in through the nose and repeat after me...

Ooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm...

Poooooooooork Chiiiiiiiiips...

Adamantius

bellies."