[Sca-cooks] Okay, it's "Very Stupid Question" time...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 23:52:38 PDT 2008

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

[snip]
> Well, there's this guy posting to the Fortean Times website that he
> was sitting with his family of five, watching the news on television,
> immediately after having finished a dinner of "pork chips, mashed
> potatoes, and peas", apparently having left the uneaten food on the
> dining table in the next room. He says for no known reason, all five
> people suddenly found it necessary to turn their heads and look behind
> themselves into the dining room, at which point a pork chip flew off a
> plate, struck the refrigerator in the adjoining kitchen, and slid down
> to the floor.

[more snippage]

> What is a pork chip?

[even more snippage]

> Adamantius

A pork chip is a very, very thin pork chop.  So thin and dry [because it had been sitting out too
long] that when a stiff breeze came through the open window in the dining room, it picked up the
thin slice and blew it through to the kitchen where it was stopped by the intervening
refrigerator.  The reason that all five people turned to look into the dining room is because the
breeze was very strong and so cooling that they all turned to see where it had come from.  See?
There is always a logical explanation for everything.

Huette

PS: Have you yet asked She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed to ask
She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed-By-She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed about the Hong Kong waffle iron and where to get
one?

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/