[Sca-cooks] Okay, it's "Very Stupid Question" time...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 19 09:13:13 PDT 2008

On Apr 19, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> Huette,
> I just had a thought.  A friend gave me an iron that is used to make
> a kind
> of cake/muffin/pancake from somewhere in Scandinavia...and, for the
> life of
> me, I can't remember the name of them.  At any rate, it's a cast-
> iron pan
> with a handle that has about 8 round pieces, with a round
> indentation into
> which you pour the batter.  I wonder if you could use that to make
> these
> Hong Kong waffles?
>
> Kiri

I asked SWMBO about where we might find such an iron, and she
responded with something vague about Gim Maun (I then having to
translate Gim Maun from Toysan into standard Cantonese and get Kam
Man, on Canal Street) possibly carrying them, Gim Guok (that's Kam Kuo
to you, but again, I had to think for a second) being the most likely
place, having closed down.

SWMBO says she'll ask her mother...

Adamantius

bellies."