[Sca-cooks] 100 tips for Frugal Feasts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 19:32:43 PDT 2008

Sharon asked:

<<< With the rising  costs of foods, it will be more helpful than
ever to
strettttttttch the feast dollar/euro.  What are your favorite tips for
getting the most out of your feast allotment? >>>

<<< 4) Ask multiple barony members to garden for feast.  Even small
herb gardens
can save a significant amount. >>>

Probably not *my* favorite but see this file in the Florilegium
FEASTS section:
rasng-fd-fsts-msg  (8K)  9/ 5/05    Raising plants and animals for
SCA feasts

Locally we've had someone raise quail? for a feast. We also have had
venison donated for a feast. Unfortunately, in that case, the venison
became venison stew because the hunters weren't quite as lucky (or
good?) as they said they would be. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas