[Sca-cooks] Salt fish recipes?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 08:01:25 PDT 2008

Doc's medievalccokery.com makes a search like this easy.
Search under lye for instance and one finds

This is an excerpt from *Koge Bog*
(Denmark, 1616 - Martin Forest, trans.)
The original source can be found at Martin Forest's websitewes
<http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval/index.html>

XLIIX - Spit fish. Let it lie one night in water and coldcrushed lye.
But if you need it quickly then seethe it in water mixed with some mild
lye and then warm it in fresh water.

Search under fish and one finds dozens.

Johnnae