[Sca-cooks] Favorite Dessert

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Thu Apr 3 12:42:40 PDT 2008

I thought I'd chime in here. I was thinking at first "there are just too
many darned good tasting desserts to choose from". I'd even say that give
me a freshly baked loaf of SF sourdough bread still warm from the oven and
some butter and I'd be in heaven. However, I'm reminded of this little
Patissierie in San Jose (Province of Southern Shores, West Kingdom) that
makes absolutely divine desserts. They make them in both individual
portions and traditional (serves 8-16) sizes. They would do a tripple
chocolate mousse dessert with fresh berries. The mousse was rich & light
and just perfect. They also did fruit mousses and other cakes. One year we
went to try to find a Yule Log cake there for a Yule party. They had one on
display for people to make orders. The Pastry Chef said it was just for
display and it was not the final version he intended. We begged to buy it,
he relented and I went out of that shop doing a happy dance. The place is
called Flower Flour, if you ever find your way there in the Willow Glen
district. It also houses a floral shop.

*sigh* Man, I miss those desserts.

Euriol