[Sca-cooks] Period Cookbooks and Period to modern glosseries

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 14 12:43:48 PDT 2008

> I read english, but that is why God created foreign language to english
> dictionary.? :)

Optimist.  Wait until you get into usage shifts, multiple spellings,
incomplete dictionaries, homonyms you don't catch, multiple meanings (half
of which aren't available), nuances in translation, dialect differences
transferred to writing, and the plain old word for which you can find no
sensible meaning.  And it is almost as big a headache in English as it is in
foreign languages.

> I think I want to do a bit of both adapted and original.
> I have a lot of cooking skills, I am a chef by trade.
> I own 1000 eggs vol 1 and 2
> I have access to Purdue University and Wabash College and a Large Library
> as far as for a collection I dont know
>
> Morvran

Okay.  If you get truly serious about this, your collection will grow and
having access to some major libraries doesn't hurt one bit.

To the websites that have been listed, I would add Martha Carlin's website,
http://www.uwm.edu/~carlin/ .

Bear