[Sca-cooks] Period Cookbooks and Period to modern glosseries

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 14:03:37 PDT 2008

You may want to browse what Devra already offers at
Poison Pen Press. http://www.poisonpenpress.com/cookery.html
You could buy from her directly by mail or she'll be at the war for
instance.
You could also take those titles and then search at the local libraries
and see what they have on the shelves.
Also you could search in Purdue University's library catalog under the terms
"cookery medieval" or "cookery English history" to see what volumes they
have.
I seem to remember that they did have a Home Ec library at Purdue.

Being as you are in the Midrealm, you might want to also join MK Cooks
http://home.comcast.net/~iasmin/mkcc/MKCC.html
Also the Barony of Rivenstar ought to have members locally that own
cookbooks. They might be able to bring volumes to a meeting for you to see
in person.

Johnnae