[Sca-cooks] Thank you - re: Late Italian feasts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 20:07:00 PDT 2008

The Honorable Lady Melbrig?a i Granb? posted:

<<< Thank you to all who wrote both on and off list about the late
Italian feast
ideas.  It has been most helpful.  Mistress Helewys, I found your
website
through my own desperate searches and it has been a boon!
Fortunately, I
feel like I'm on the right track with this feast and many of the
ideas I had
from Platina I am finding duplicated (although some renamed and some
slight
flavor changes) in Scappi. >>>

Perhaps this file in the FOOD-BY-CULTURES section of the Florilegium
might be useful:
fd-Italy-msg      (42K)  2/24/08    Period Italian food. Cookbooks.

There are also these bibliographies in the FOOD-BOOKS section:
p-Italy-food-bib   (9K) 12/ 1/99    Bibliographies on period Italian
food.
Platina-bib        (7K) 11/ 7/00    A bibliography on Bartolomeo
Platina by
                                        Thomas Gloning.

And perhaps some of the similar feasts which have been done, which
can be read about in the FEASTS section, might also prove of use:
15C-Italn-fst-art (24K) 10/24/02    Meridian Kingdom A&S Fair feast
by Fra
                                        Niccolo Difrancesco. 15C
Italian.
NP-Italisn-fst-art (24K) 2/ 1/05    An Italian feast done by Bear for
                                        Namron Protectorate XXVIII.
Platina-Feast-art (10K)  5/24/01    A feast from Platina by Lady
Clotild.
Platina-Lunch-art  (8K)  5/24/01    An Italian lunch using recipes
from Platina.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas