[Sca-cooks] Okay, it's "Very Stupid Question" time...

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:52:37 PDT 2008

> Pork chips: Cracklin's or Pork Rinds. All of these
> descriptions will depend on which part of the South you are
> from or traveling through
>
>   Muirenn
>   Lover of "southern country food" and waistline to prove it

Pork Rinds and Cracklin's are significantly different forms of the
delicacy, IMNSHO.

Rinds are almost fluffy by comparison to the very dense cracklin's;
Rinds are also advised as an alternative to potato or corn chips in a
number of protein-stressing diets, while cracklin's - in my experience -
tend to retain much more grease/oil/lard.

I like pork rinds, and did even before the doc said that they were good
for me.  Just don't load 'em up with so much flavor additive / hot
spices that ya cain't taste the fried pork, please.

Pork.  Rinds.   YUMMMY!

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
SCA: (al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen