[Sca-cooks] New World Foods

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 26 07:20:07 PDT 2008

Grapefruit is post period.  Does anyone know about the avacado?  I'm
thinking that it is new world but I'm not sure.  Regards tree nuts the pecan
and Brazil nut are new world IIRC but can anyone name others?   I think that
"wild rice" is new world and I recall one other grain as well, just can't
seem to recall its name.  Certain shell fish, abalone for one, might be
suspect as well?  Maple syrup is new world, yes?  Certain fish, catfish
perhaps, are suspect also?  Regarding fowl the turkey has been already named
as being late 16th century but are there any others such as perhaps quail?

Daniel