[Sca-cooks] Lowest Cost for a reasonably festive feast & a camping event meal ?

aldyth at aol.com aldyth at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 14:50:49 PDT 2008

I fervently hope that no one has done that, or will do that.?So many people read this list and I wouldn't want someone to get the idea it was OK. ?My largest gripe was that the scenario given was one of the head cook actively soliciting food stamp eligible commodities being purchased for consumption.? Now, if camper A who brings ingredients for a big pot of stew buys it with food stamps, that is camper A' s decision.? Being told to bring ingredients for a big pot of stew and to buy it with food stamps is different. ? I like the second scenario idea of making sure half the meals are prepared with food stamp eligible ingredients.? And putting a monetary limit per day.? I am working on it.

Aldyth