[Sca-cooks] 100 tips for Frugal Feasts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 23:18:36 PDT 2008

Maria commented:
<<< Thanks I didn't know that.  I'm doing a feast for 130
at the end of May and I'm trying to save some money. >>>

Another file, which I didn't think of in my other message, is this
one in the FEASTS section:
bread-for-fsts-msg (42K) 5/15/06    Baking and buying bread for SCA
feasts.

--- Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Both Panara Bread & Atlanta Bread company allow
> Non-Profits to come in at
> closing to pick up the leftovers from the day.  You
> have to talk to the
> manager and get on the schedule.  I came away with 1
> box of "breakfast
> breads" and 12 loaves of assorted breads from 1 day.
>
> We sliced them up and made "variety baskets" for the
> feast.  It worked out quite well.

Oooh. I like the idea of having an assortment of different breads.
While I imagine the idea of having different quality breads at the
same feasts is probably period, I don't imagine providing them to
everyone as a variety is. Of course, if someone wants to do it by
rank and give me the rougher, whole wheat bread and the head table
the fine, white bread (ie: "Wonder Bread"), I wouldn't complain. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com