[Sca-cooks] Chuck vs Bottom Round

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 07:02:16 PDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Barbara Benson wrote:

> What most of the suggestions involve is an investment of time in place
> of money. And of all of the commodities that are scarce in my life
> right now, time is the most valuable. It has taken me over an hour to
> write this missive because I have had to stop to remove the following
> things from my offspring's hands: and empty soda can, a hanger, a
> styrofoam cup, bunny poop and a box of altoids. I have also had to
> change a diaper and extricate from behind a piece of furniture because
> he has not figured out how to go backwards yet. Mind you, I am not
> complaining, I am simply illustrating my point.
>
> I know that there are many, many of you out there that have managed
> many children and learned how to juggle all of this - and I applaud
> you. I am simply on the bottom end of this learning curve. ;).
>
> Well, I am sorry if I have bored the tar out of many of you, hopefully
> you quit reading when I got to the pity party part of the program. And
> Stefan, please know that I in no way intended to attack or offend you
> - your question simply set me off on a tear. You have excellent points
> and I wish I could answer them with a more positive answer.

I think perhaps you're reading more of a critical component to
Stefan's questions than are actually there, or at least intended. I
gather Stefan does home experimentation and cooking for potluck-type
gatherings more than he does feasts, and then there's the whole
engineering thing where much of your conscious existence is sort of in
the theoretical. I think this is more about going for the ideal rather
than wasting time criticizing the perhaps-less-than-ideal when there's
nothing one can do about it.

It's always good to get a wakeup call, though, and be reminded that we
all have different circumstances (and some surprisingly the same).

> OK, gotta feed the baby,

You _are_ using Old World baby food, right??? Gerber Mortrews or
something like that?

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter