[Sca-cooks] Why *X* and not *Y*?

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 6 09:18:45 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
< < < < < < That's exactly the point, and thus, the irony. ;-)

One *can* find pepperoni made from turkey which is lower-fat than the
original, but most pizza places presumably use the pork version.

Margaret FitzWilliam > > > > > > > > >

A quick review of the pepperoni brands availabe from my distributor show all
but one are pork and beef blend.  The one exception is all beef.  Many of
the mid-range and lower brands will blanace the meat proportions to meat a
cost profile . . . when beef is cheaper, they add more beef, etc.  The
higher end brands will create a flavor and texture profile, then sell it at
the needed price.

niccolo difrancesco
(pizza is my entire existence these days)