[Sca-cooks] freshwater vs. saltwater eels

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 09:23:26 PDT 2008

> Or are all eels saltwater eels that live most of their lives in freshwater
> and migrate to salt water to spawn? (hmmm. or maybe the reverse?

There are exclusive saltwater and freshwater eels. There are also
brackish water eels that migrate between different salinities, either
spending part of their life in rivers or hunting in estuaries. I have
no idea of the differences in tastes though... or even if the
freswater eels are ever eaten... this is all fishkeeping knowledge...