[Sca-cooks] Pennsic State Dinner

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Aug 13 08:27:40 PDT 2008

I didn't get to really see the food that was served for the Crowns, but
according to one Queen, the food was good but the portions were small. And
I'm totally drawing a blank on what she said was served. I do recall that
the dessert was served buffett style. There were a number of bardic
performances that occured between the served courses and time for the
Crowns to mingle before and between courses. There were plenty of servers
from what I could see.

The retainers did have a separate pavilion from which we could see, with a
Spaghetti Dinner being served as well as some simple snacks (pretzels and
other modern nibblies). Since I waited for the others retainer to get their
food first, the food was gone before I could get any. One of the kitchen
staff did get more pasta made, but there was no sauce left to be had. They
did add some cheese and seasoned the second batch of pasta. I was rather
hungry by the time I did get the pasta since the last time I ate was
breakfast (of course this is not an issue for the staff that was providing
the meal) but I did munch on a few pretzel sticks while I was waiting.
Honestly, I would have preferred to have been able to enjoy the leftovers!

Oh... least I forget, there was a fabulous mead that was provided to the
retainers. I so wanted to take back the remainder of the bottle, but my
hands were full with things for their Majesties.

Euriol