[Sca-cooks] Pennsic State Dinner

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 08:35:38 PDT 2008

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the
meal. I would think portions would be better controlled
since the cooks knew pretty much exactly how many
would be in attendance.

It was nice they at least tried to get enough for the folk
that went hungry.

I really hate "buffet style" dining for feasts or fancy dinners,
especially something as lavish as the Royal Dinner. The only
excuse being that you set out a sideboard of finger nibbles
the attendees may frequent when mingling. But if it has to
go on a plate, it is wrong. I guess I just hate the sight of a
bunch of Royalty and Nobility standing in line with a plate in
their hand like bums at a soup kitchen. That is not the
game we are playing.

Of course a buffet sideboard where food is provided as a
part of the entertainment is different.

I did have some of the mead. Her Majesty Ansteorra gave
me some she brought from the dinner. It was indeed very
good.

Gunthar