[Sca-cooks] "Oertha Cooks"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 07:13:58 PDT 2008

> <<<
> I was very delighted to receive some very nice thank you gifts from
> the
> people who were on the meal plan. This included a copy of "Oertha
> Cooks"
> which was published by the subjects of Oertha as a Fundraiser. I'm
> looking
> forward to trying some of the recipes in that collection.
>
> Euriol

I'm so pleased to see "Oertha Cooks" making it all the way to
Pennsic. We worked hard to put it together (G).

Morgana yr Oerfa

PS: If anyone wants a copy, contact me offlist and I'll get you in
touch with the appropriate person . . .

This is the first I've heard of this cookbook. Is this a cookbook of
modern recipes? Or of redactions of medieval recipes done by the
gentles of Oertha? Or something else?

I don't know where I could find whale or seal meat down here in
Ansteorra :-) but Morgana if you could send me a description of this
book and details on how any interested individuals could purchase
this book, I'd be willing to add it to the cookbooks-SCA-msg file in
the Florilegium. Of course if anyone else has a review or opinions
about this book I'd be happy to add them as well.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas