[Sca-cooks] "Oertha Cooks"

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Thu Aug 14 23:04:13 PDT 2008

>Morgana yr Oerfa
>
>PS: If anyone wants a copy, contact me offlist and I'll get you in
>touch with the appropriate person . . .
>>>>

>This is the first I've heard of this cookbook. Is this a cookbook of
>modern recipes? Or of redactions of medieval recipes done by the
>gentles of Oertha? Or something else?

Mostly they are modern recipes. Not too many of us do redactions.
I'd've submitted Digby's Cheese, but as I use Cariadoc's redaction,
it didn't seem right (G). There are some redactions, and a lot of
yummy recipes, including some nice liqueur recipes. It is _not_ your
normal community cookbook. There are over 100 contributors from
Oerthans and friends of Oertha.

>I don't know where I could find whale or seal meat down here in
>Ansteorra :-) but Morgana if you could send me a description of this
>book and details on how any interested individuals could purchase
>this book, I'd be willing to add it to the cookbooks-SCA-msg file in
>the Florilegium. Of course if anyone else has a review or opinions
>about this book I'd be happy to add them as well.

You don't have to worry about seal meat in this one: most of us are
urban immigrants, not Native Alaskans.

I'll forward your request to Viscountess Caitriona, the primary
'pusher' of the cookbook.

Morgana
--
Wit is educated insolence. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)