[Sca-cooks] Fruit and Meat

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Thu Aug 14 09:53:17 PDT 2008

Several years ago I did a period recipe for Tzimmis at Trial By
Fire.  Tzimmis is a sweet meat dish the contains dried fruit, root
veggies and meat.  The spicing is sweet.  It is traditional to have
Tzimmis on Rosh Hoshanah and Sukkott.  Another recipe I have used is
a mince pie that I made from a recipe for rabbit in one of Cariadoc's
cookbook's.  The recipe noted that chicken could be substituted.  I
have done chicken and I have done lamb.  Putting it into a pie was my
idea.  It has been a hit and can be served warm or cold.  I will look
for the recipes and post them.

Sindara