[Sca-cooks] OOP More schools ban Peanut Butter

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 15 08:34:03 PDT 2008

--On Friday, August 15, 2008 10:33 AM -0400 Nick Sasso
<grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:

> YIKES!!  School employees are idiots because they are human?

Yup. School employees are idiots because they are human. Customers are
idiots because they are human. Everyone is an idiot because they are human
(I'm not joking about this one). In this sense, I don't mean "idiot" as a
perjorative term (although I know it's taken that way), just that everyone
is human and there are a lot of things any particular "human" might not get
at any particular momemt. Including really important things like "don't
give the allergic kid reeses pieces" and "a kid with asthma who can't
breath needs help right away" and "if the diabetic kid is sitting in the
corner sweating and shaking, don't give them a hard time about eating candy
in class or on the bus".  It's part of being human and having lots of other
things to pay attention to at any particular moment (and, frankly, more
important things to the overall mission of their job).  It's just a simple
way to say "everyone has a different focus"

toodles, margaret