[Sca-cooks] Child safing

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 14:00:23 PDT 2008

It's not all that historic.

My Great-grandmother died when her hair caught fire on the cook stove.  It wasn't the fire, smoke, or carbon monoxide that caused her demise - it was the extent of the burns.  


--- On Fri, 8/15/08, sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org 
> On a marginally related note, I remember always being
> mystified by the  
> claims that such-and-such-a-child or woman in some
> historical setting  
> died after "falling into the fire". But add
> things like corsets on the  
> victims and thermal updrafts in a large fireplace, not to
> mention  
> smoke and carbon monoxide, and it starts to seem like a
> more viable  
> concept.

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list