[Sca-cooks] Struwwelpeter (was Child Safing)

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 18 21:13:55 PDT 2008

>On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Margaret Rendell wrote:
>
>> Also on this topic: I'm still trying to find the link, but a few weeks ago I
>> read a children's book from the (18th?) century that was in scanned copy
>> online. It was all about children who behaved in unsafe ways, and the
>> horrible deaths they suffered. In the page of the girl who'd caught on fire,
>> it was commented that she should have fallen down and rolled about.
>>
>> Margaret/Emma
>> Krae Glas, Lochac/Melbourne, Australia

Struwwelpeter, or Shockheaded Peter?

Here ya go! I love these illustrations.

http://www.fln.vcu.edu//struwwel/petereng.html

And here's the story of the girl who was bad and played with matches and set herself on fire!
http://www.fln.vcu.edu//struwwel/pauline_e.html

Gianotta (who also loves Gorey too and has the Gashleycrumb Tinies poster decorating the interior door of the downstairs bathroom)