[Sca-cooks] William Woys Weaver article and CD

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 07:59:06 PDT 2008

Pennsylvania Dutch and American food historian
William Woys Weaver has an article in the latest
Mother Earth News (August/September 2008)
on heirloom seeds.
It's titled: " Harvesting our Heirloom History"
"How my grandfather’s nearly lost seed collection led me to a passion
for gardening and food history."

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/2008-08-01/Gardening-Heirloom-Varieties.aspx

Besides the article comes the marvelous news that
Mother Earth News is re-issuing Weaver's
Heirloom Vegetable Gardening: A Master Gardener’s Guide to Planting,
Seed Saving and Cultural History which was published in 1997.
(Abandoned by the original publisher, the book has been unavailable for
years and used copies (even the paperback) are selling for hundreds of
dollars.)
Mother Earth News is going to present the original text of the book,
together with 100 color photos, in a new digital PDF on CD-ROM.The cost
is $29.95
https://www.motherearthnews.com/order/order.aspx?promocode=MMEIN881

Those into heirloom seeds and gardening may like the article and if you
don't already own the original book, you may want to spring for the new
CD version.

Johnnae